Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Who are these people?


This is undoubtedly the most beautiful cover design I have ever come across for Jane Eyre, but who are these people? I think my eyes are playing tricks on me, or perhaps this really is a blond Rochester? They look more like St.John and Rosamond, perhaps- or Blanche (although Blanche wouldn't be caught dead in that brown wrap, there are red ribbons peeking out, so who can tell?) Apparently this book was published in January of this year. You can buy it here from Amazon.com.

ETA: I think that we should keep a list of all of the people who wrote Wuthering Heights- that is unless Emily Dickinson also wrote a book called Wuthering Heights... Good grief...

2 comments:

Brontëana said...

Don't fret, I sent them an indignant 'review' ;) Honestly, it would be a laugh to make a list of all of the people who 'wrote' Wuthering Heights. There's Branwell, Charlotte, Jane Austen, Emily Dickinson...

He's altogether too Grecian, if you ask me ;) I think I'm more disturbed by... Jane wearing lipstick? And blush?

mysticgypsy said...

Hi Bronteana!!
I am also an undergraduate student in the US majoring in English. My aim is to one day become a Bronte scholar too. My favorite author is Charlotte Bronte and my favorite works are Jane Eyre and Villete (I can't quite decide which tops in my opinion :P).
But I am so glad I found your blog and I'll definitly keep checking it often. I have a blog too, where I've written some "mini" articles on Jane Eyre, Villete, and the Brontes. My blog's url is www.whispersonthemoore.blogdrive.com
Take care and keep up the wondeful work!!! Good luck with studies and Uni!!!