Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Monday, January 02, 2006

More on Tenant of Wildfell Hall

When I first saw the VHS cover, posted previously this week, I thought of how very like a character from Angria Hellen looked.



After pondering this for some time, I recalled that I have a picture of a character named 'Rosa', drawn by Charlotte Bronte. I have made these images to compare the two, and it seems striking to me how similar they are. Even down to the angle of their faces. I am sure that this only shows their attention to the fashions of the day.


2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

Wow!!!
They do look very similar!! The filmmakers sure seemed to have considered intricate details in their portrayal of Helen. Perhaps..this very picture was used as the original in terms of selecting the cast...like you said, the angles of both faces are striking..

Brontëana said...

I really was thinking along those lines, but it seemed too far-fetched. And yet, it's so strange... Who knows, perhaps they did look at the juvenilia for inspiration!