Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Jane Eyre 2006 Imdb Page Correction (and WonderJane)

After being notified that there is a wee error on the page, I have sent them a request for an update and a correction. The wee error is that the Ruth Wilson currently linked from the page, and listed as playing Jane Eyre is in fact the wrong Ruth Wilson. This would be the 48 year old Ruth Wilson, rather than the 24 year old who doesn't have a page of her own- yet. Hopefully, when they get to my request next month, she will have (yes, she will! She will!).

This next bit doesn't deserve a post of its own... I came across this this morning. It is one of the more amusing and random Bronte references in a long while:

April Fool Contender: Lindsay Lohan

[...]

Foolish Justification for Foolish Behavior: She told Web site thesun.co.uk: "Wonder Woman would be cool. I'm trying to find roles right now that are different to anything I've done to show my abilities, to show that I have some sort of stretch in me." We are talking Wonder Woman, with the starry Underoos and golden eagle breastplates, aren't we? It's not exactly Jane Eyre, although I can speculate that you can improve any story with impressive cleavage, red boots, bullet-deflecting bracelets and a lasso of truth.

You would think so, would you not? And yet...

Although the lasso of truth might come in handy.

(Illustration is from the Classics Illustrated Jane Eyre)

No comments: