Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Night Live Jane Eyre


This is probably the most well-known parody of Jane Eyre today. I cannot remember when it first aired on Saturday Night Live; I think it may have been in 2004. I haven't watched television for five years so this is actually the first time I have seen what I had heard so much about. It's very easy to describe: Jude Law as Mr Rochester, and Bertha is sexed up. That's all there is to it, really. Why he would have to sneak around to have sex with his own wife doesn't really make sense but it's Jude Law as Mr Rochester and Bertha is sexed up.

Here you go.

2 comments:

mysticgypsy said...

OMG!!! This is super!! Thanks again! :)

Squirrels indeed!!! :P And not to mention, Rochester's dumpy Jane ;P

Brontëana said...

You know, when it first aired I remember reading someone's comments on how her husband was disturbed by it and asked her: "So this is what that Jane Eyre is about?"

Whose idea was the moustache, I'd like to know!