Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Monday, November 13, 2006

Own the Manuscript of Jane Eyre for only $14.95!

Well, a reasonable fascimilie... okay, only one page in facimile but you have to admit that as Bronte gifts go this one is even cooler than the Bronte Berry lip balm and falls just short of action figures. What Bronte fan would not want a journal like this? It also comes in Shakespeare (yes, that's right. Out of the entire British canon they chose Charlotte Bronte and Shakespeare!). They're available for purchase from the New York Public Library bookstore online.

Lovely old literary manuscripts of famous novels and other works are reproduced on the covers of these distinctive and charming journals. The hardcover journals are embellished with gold foil and embossed details, and feature the signature of each writer on the back.

A page from a Jane Eyre manuscript. Hardcover journal, 160 lined pages, 7" x 9 1/4."

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Most Chapters and Indigo stores carry these journals too. So, you might be able to find one in good ol' Halifax!

Caroline said...

I'm a huge stationary fan and those journals look fantastic. If I were going to buy one as a christmas present for someone, I know I'd have to buy myself one as well.

Anonymous said...

zomg. i want one!

Sarah O. said...

I thought they were familiar. The Dartmouth NS Chapters, at least, has *reams* of them. They keep falling off the shelf.

mysticgypsy said...

Wow!!! This is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I found your blog! :) I've been looking for it. Check out mine for a couple of postings about the horror/fun of our little TEI project: http://melissamiscellany.blogspot.com. Those journals are gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

Correction: http://melissasmiscellany.blogspot.com
I've been coding for a couple of hours by now, so my brain is fried.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful journal. Would love one, too.