Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Jane Eyre: The Musical Classic (Doyle/Harris)

Bronteana reader Claire sent us the link to these clips from the Doyle/Harris Jane Eyre Musical Classic. My little Jewish Helper (Lillie, who so often supplies me with Janery), sent me her copy of the DVD. Neither of us have been able to watch it all the way through. She dared me to make it past intermission, and so I struggled through to that point- but no further.

Bertha's song... 'Pretty, Pretty Fire'



Who can resist the cuckold dance? And Rochester doing the tango with Blanche!





The proposal- 'You Were With Me Then'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new design!

Anonymous said...

WOW - I was VERY surprised at the new webpage . . .you do wonderful work. Thanks.

Brontëana said...

Thank you both. I tried to introduce it gently. There are still a few things to work out, but I'm pleased with it so far. Thisbeciel deserves most of the credit- she made the lovely banner, found the wallpaper, and introduced me to editing the template. :)

Anonymous said...

Referring to your pal as your "Little Jewish Friend" is offensive--what possible difference does it make to your readers what your friend's religion happens to be? Even if this is a benign private joke between you and your friend, it comes off as insensitive--an educated person should know better.

Brontëana said...

to anonymous:

Regarding 'little Jewish helper,' you are right in supposing it is a personal epithet (not a joke). My friend has helped me so often with my work that she came up with it one day, and I use it now to show her my affection and gratitude. It is unfortunate that anyone could mistake such affection for disrespect. I appreciate your words of caution, however, I continue to trust my readers to understand my intentions in context.