Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kate Bush... Again!


I've found clips for probably all of the performances of Kate Bush's song, Wuthering Heights. I had already posted 'the white dress' video. Here are the red dress, top of the pops and a live concert version for your viewing pleasure. It looks like she performs the same piece of choreography (which isn't simply 'crazy' dancing. To me it looks like classical modern dance but it has been awhile since I have seen dancing in the style of Martha Graham and Isadora Duncan).

The Red Dress clip, Top of the Pops, live concert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. strangely enough, i think i may like the red dress video better than the white one. ?

mysticgypsy said...

I think I prefer the white dress version. It has a more ethereal look to it. The setting was quite odd in the red dress version...reminded me of a tropical island rather than the stormy moors.

Brontëana said...

I haven't seen all of the red dress version but I think I agree with mysticgypsy so far. I think modern dance works better in an artificial space like a stage or a studio and not a forest. And then you can re-create the setting suggested by the movement in your imagination.