Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Thursday, September 14, 2006

More Preview Clips of Jane Eyre 2006


No need to write to the BBC anymore, asking whether or not there will be video clips on the BBC's website for their new production of Jane Eyre. I wrote to producer Diederick Santer about the issue and he assures me there will be both new stills and preview clips on the website, so as I said earlier, keep checking the site!

He also let me in on what they're up to at the moment:

Today we are doing the final sound mix for episode three and checking cgi shots for four. We also have our private cast and crew screening, the premier of episode one, tonight at a secret venue in the heart of London's glittering West End...

In case you missed the previous post, we also now have a release date for the DVD in the UK: February 5th, 2007, you can pre-order it now from the bbc shop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an excellent site. Happen to be reading JE for the first time. Learnt a new word in JE too from the bit where she is walking before she meets Rochester. "I was a mile from Thornfield, in a land noted for wild roses in summer, for nuts and blackberries in autumn, and even now possessing a few coral treasures in hips and haws..." That use of the word coral meaning red is beautiful, and also manages to convey how they are hidden in the hedges as if submerged.

Not really anonymous... just on blogger beta... Best wishes Peter (my blog http://anothersun.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to repeat the sentiment - this is a fantastic site and I'm very glad to have stumbled across it!

-L

Anonymous said...

The new clip up on the Movie site is amazing. Well, has me about 1000 times more excited. (espically because I enjoyed jane more than rochester for the first time ever!)

I would love to know roughly a month when us poor BBC fans in america will get the series. Its all I'm thinking about!

Brontëana said...

to Peter:

Thank you for the kind words.I'm glad to hear that you're giving Jane a try. How are you enjoying it so far? So much of the language in the novel is gorgeous. It is a shame that many people do not appreciate the poetry of her descriptions but you've picked up on it!

Brontëana said...

to L:

Thanks :)

Brontëana said...

to heather:

PBS will be airing Jane Eyre this January. I do not yet have a date on the American release of the DVD.