Home Resources Livejournal Feed Wordpress

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Chinese Illustrations

These illustrations from a Chinese edition of Jane Eyre are courtesy of Thisbeciel and the League of the Extraordinarily Rochester Obsessed. These are only a sampling. The rest of the illustrations will be added to the Bronteana Resource Page once I find a proper home for it. While attending the round table discussion of digital Romanticism I realised how important it is to have insitutional support. And so, I will not be using the university account I have as a graduate student since that will expire after my MA. I hope that it won't take me too long to find a permanent home for Bronteana.

Anyway, here we have Mr Rochester on the left and St.John Rivers on the right. Mr Rochester's stubble grows as the book progresses.

No comments: